Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Renegade Windows 7 Setup Sequence

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Talon1

Renegade Windows 7 Setup Sequence Empty
PostSubject: Renegade Windows 7 Setup Sequence   Renegade Windows 7 Setup Sequence EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:04 pm

So, I'm an ancient Command and Conquer Renegade Player from WAY back and I want to get the game back up and working fully. I tried it awhile back but couldn't get GameSpy access to work or find any servers hosting this game.

1. Is it even worth loading on my computer to try and get some online games going?
2. Should I try another gaming interface like Steam?

It's been quite awhile since I played and I'd like to rejoin the gaming community with entry into this game, if a handful of the faithful still play it.

Thanks in advance for the help.....

v/r,

Talon1
Back to top Go down
[TmX]Sean

[TmX]Sean

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Windows 7 Setup Sequence   Renegade Windows 7 Setup Sequence EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 5:39 pm

Hello,

Important edit: Make sure you install Renegade/renlist/scripts 4.0 with administrative privileges otherwise it will not work on windows 7.

You should uninstall renegade first of all (if you have it installed)

1. Install

2. Download scripts 4.0 (Latest update and fixes for the game - also includes the 1.037 patch from the late Westwood) Goto http://www.tiberiantechnologies.org/downloads and select The Tiberian Technologies client installer – 4.0 beta 4.

3. Download Renlist (A program that lists all available servers on GSA and WOL:
Download it here: http://renlist.n00b.hk/download/renlist.1.0.5.zip

You're good to go.

The most active servers at present are Jelly, n00bstories, Atomix, Area 54 and TmX.

Have fun.

Last edited by Croatoan on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[-HOH-]Mikey
Donator
[-HOH-]Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Windows 7 Setup Sequence   Renegade Windows 7 Setup Sequence EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Just so you know 4.0 is still in beta and imo is not a very good script atm as their are problems that affect some users such as extra lag and loss of fps etc.

Pretty sure someones gonna attempt to flame at me that 4.0 is the best script ever bla bla, before you do dont even bother.

Like Croatoan said, those servers are pretty much the ones that are most full thesedays although TmX is the main sniper server so majority play here for sniping.

Good luck and see you ingame soon!

Back to top Go down
MonkeyBoy
Full Moderator + Donator
Full Moderator + Donator

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Windows 7 Setup Sequence   Renegade Windows 7 Setup Sequence EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:24 pm

4.0 is the best script ever.
Back to top Go down
[-HOH-]Mikey
Donator
[-HOH-]Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Windows 7 Setup Sequence   Renegade Windows 7 Setup Sequence EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:38 pm

guitar wrote:
3.4.4 is the best script ever.

I so agree!
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBoy
Full Moderator + Donator
Full Moderator + Donator

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Windows 7 Setup Sequence   Renegade Windows 7 Setup Sequence EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:42 pm

rofl go home mikey. schlag
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Windows 7 Setup Sequence   Renegade Windows 7 Setup Sequence Empty

Back to top Go down

Renegade Windows 7 Setup Sequence
Page 1 of 1