Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Looking for a shoutbox code

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
[-HOH-]Mikey
Donator
[-HOH-]Mikey

Looking for a shoutbox code Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a shoutbox code   Looking for a shoutbox code EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 2:12 pm

I'm currently looking for a shoutbox code than I can use for a widget for forums.

The one I have atm is very basic and you have to write your name in everytime you post a message so others know that the post has came from you.

What i'm looking for is one that can integrate with the forums itself so when a user logs in they can post messages without having to type their name in, so basically they are automatically logged into the shoutbox.

If anyone can help me out with this as I am only basic with HTML coding I would be most grateful!

Thanks,
- Mikey
Back to top Go down
BillieJoe67
Full Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a shoutbox code   Looking for a shoutbox code EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 3:37 pm

You'd need to integrate the shoutbox with the php (assuming it's php) code that powers the forums. What forum software are you using?
Back to top Go down
[-HOH-]Mikey
Donator
[-HOH-]Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a shoutbox code   Looking for a shoutbox code EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm pretty sure its php, here is the link if that helps http://houndsofhell.keuf.net/
Back to top Go down
BillieJoe67
Full Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a shoutbox code   Looking for a shoutbox code EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 5:50 pm

Hmmm, I@ve found a couple, but I don't know if they'll work with your version of phpBB:
mChat
AJAX shoutbox

I think the second link would be the best to use, but it's up to you. I haven't got a clue what it'd be like to install either, but meh
Back to top Go down
[-HOH-]Mikey
Donator
[-HOH-]Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a shoutbox code   Looking for a shoutbox code EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Neither worked I dunno why just wouldn't come on, thanks anyways though. I'll keep looking
Back to top Go down
BillieJoe67
Full Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a shoutbox code   Looking for a shoutbox code EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 2:58 pm

Idk if these will work, but they're for phpbb2, the last ones for for phpbb3:

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/1255
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/510
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a shoutbox code   Looking for a shoutbox code Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for a shoutbox code
Page 1 of 1