Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

mIRC connecting problem!! Help!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ltwhitey

mIRC connecting problem!! Help!! Empty
PostSubject: mIRC connecting problem!! Help!!   mIRC connecting problem!! Help!! EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:45 am

I just bought a new pc and am trying to to install mIRC but am haveing trouble with mIRC connecting, anyone have some advice on resolveing this issue?
Back to top Go down
BillieJoe67
Full Moderator

PostSubject: Re: mIRC connecting problem!! Help!!   mIRC connecting problem!! Help!! EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Check it can get through your firewall
Back to top Go down
[-HOH-]Mikey
Donator
[-HOH-]Mikey

PostSubject: Re: mIRC connecting problem!! Help!!   mIRC connecting problem!! Help!! EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:43 pm

As Billie said, in your firewall it may not be in the 'Exceptions list' Or you may have simple misentered the server address wrong (I'm the worst for it) as you probably already know its irc.thematrixren.com

There is an alternative server you can connect to which still connects you to TmX I think its irc.deathforce.net :)
Back to top Go down
[TmX]Sean

[TmX]Sean

PostSubject: Re: mIRC connecting problem!! Help!!   mIRC connecting problem!! Help!! EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:06 pm

ltwhitey wrote:
I just bought a new pc and am trying to to install mIRC but am haveing trouble with mIRC connecting, anyone have some advice on resolveing this issue?

If your running Windows Vista/7/8 then you will need to run the program as administrator. Right click the mIRC installer goto properties - compatibility - run as administrator.

Additionally you can send me a PM with your email address and I can walk you through the installation and you can give me whatever issues/errors you encounter. I'm free at the mo and will be later on in the evening.
Back to top Go down
ltwhitey

PostSubject: Re: mIRC connecting problem!! Help!!   mIRC connecting problem!! Help!! EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 6:06 pm

I will check the address typeing, and see if i didn't have a typo. also a new problem, went to download ren on the new pc and it wont download. This new pc is 64 bit does that have anything to do with the problem? BTW this pc is windows 7 not vista if that makes any difference. I'm sorry guys but I am not that computer literate so if im asking dumb questions please forgive me, but you guys guys are the pro's and thats why I ask. :D
Back to top Go down
[-HOH-]Mikey
Donator
[-HOH-]Mikey

PostSubject: Re: mIRC connecting problem!! Help!!   mIRC connecting problem!! Help!! EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 7:50 pm

ltwhitey wrote:
I will check the address typeing, and see if i didn't have a typo. also a new problem, went to download ren on the new pc and it wont download. This new pc is 64 bit does that have anything to do with the problem? BTW this pc is windows 7 not vista if that makes any difference. I'm sorry guys but I am not that computer literate so if im asking dumb questions please forgive me, but you guys guys are the pro's and thats why I ask. :D

Renegade is a bit funny with Windows 7 (I run it on Win7 myself) If you right click the program icon and go to 'properties' then find the 'compatability' tab you should see a dropdown list you can try selecting XP because that worked for me. There is no real reason to run as administrator but if you wnt to try it then give it a shot. Also What website are you downloading renegade from?
Back to top Go down
BillieJoe67
Full Moderator

PostSubject: Re: mIRC connecting problem!! Help!!   mIRC connecting problem!! Help!! EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 11:56 pm

If you use 4.0, you'll benefit from running it in admin mode otherwise the updater has a spazz
Back to top Go down
[TmX]Sean

[TmX]Sean

PostSubject: Re: mIRC connecting problem!! Help!!   mIRC connecting problem!! Help!! EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:12 am

BillieJoe67 wrote:
If you use 4.0, you'll benefit from running it in admin mode otherwise the updater has a spazz

Also sometimes if you have a 64bit system, but that issue was "patched" a while ago, but some people still have this issue, which is why I mentioned it earlier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mIRC connecting problem!! Help!!   mIRC connecting problem!! Help!! Empty

Back to top Go down

mIRC connecting problem!! Help!!
Page 1 of 1