Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

A new pc

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zero

Zero

A new pc Empty
PostSubject: A new pc   A new pc EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 9:15 pm

So because i'm borderline retarded i would highly appreciate someone's assistance in helping me build/buy a new pc, i want to get back into renegade and the old pc i used is kind of buggered, so i thought it would be easiest to just start afresh

i want to be able to play renegade, starcraft and maybe some of the new games that are coming out/are out such as outlast/the evil within etc etc, those newer games are probably the highest standard of games i'll use to play

so the help i need are basically a list of parts that i'll need or a direct link to a pc that i could buy, i don't want to be spending too much, but i don't want to just waste away money on the cheapest parts for a pc that won't last.

i would be eternally grateful and appreciate it hugely! i miss the server and playing renegade, so yeah

many thanks in advance, and hopefully someone can help (i'm serious i'm extremely stupid, you'll have to explain too if you have the time)

Zero/Kal16/Firewarrior.
Back to top Go down
fr3nchfry
Full Moderator + Donator
Full Moderator + Donator

A new pc Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new pc   A new pc EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 1:39 am

I literally just bought all the parts I need to build a PC, here are the parts, with a video card that is now out of stock
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121649

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU:  AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($139.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard:  Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($74.98 @ OutletPC)
Memory:  G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($70.55 @ Newegg)
Storage:  Sandisk  128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($92.99 @ Microcenter)
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($104.99 @ NCIX US)
Case:  NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply:  Rosewill Capstone 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($93.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive:  Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit)  ($94.99 @ NCIX US)
Monitor:  Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor  ($149.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Speakers:  Cyber Acoustics CA-3602 30W 2.1ch Speakers  ($39.50 @ B&H)
Total: $918.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-12 19:31 EST-0500)

I bought it on Cyber Monday, so all the parts were a little cheaper.

I recommend using PC Part Picker or use the domain of whatever country you are from. EDIT: I see you are from the UK, you can use this

Another good website to check out is the buildapc subreddit lots of people give tips and if you use pcpartpicker then you can post your finished build on there and some crazy pc nerd will make it better for you.  Personally I put mine on there and somebody increased its performance and saved me $90!

If you have any questions, I researched a bit before buying the parts (of course!) and I am willing to help

Also I haven't built my PC yet, am waiting until after finals to do so, so I can't tell you how well it works haha
Back to top Go down

A new pc
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: GENERAL :: Help-
Jump to: