Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

potato

Go down 
+3
[TmX]Sean
fr3nchfry
Denos
7 posters
AuthorMessage

potato Empty
PostSubject: potato   potato EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 3:10 am

[Edited]
Just sayin' since i was told to lay off on him. I jokingly called him gay, and this is what i get in response. And then I'm told to lay off. Just sayin.
Back to top Go down
Denos
Full Moderator
Denos

potato Empty
PostSubject: Re: potato   potato EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 3:53 am

Why are you sharing this publicly? Inappropriate imo
Back to top Go down
fr3nchfry
Full Moderator + Donator
Full Moderator + Donator

potato Empty
PostSubject: Re: potato   potato EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 4:10 am

First of all, i agree with denos

Secondly,
fuck you mean potato?
Back to top Go down

potato Empty
PostSubject: Re: potato   potato EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 4:29 am

thought it "appropriate" to share some of the "inappropriate" things someone on your mod team was saying. If I were still a mod, I'd look at this and realize something pretty clear. He also threatened to kick/ban me in the server today publicly, so saying it's "inappropriate" isn't the full truth now is it

and potato cuz i don't care that much what he said - none of it offended me personally, but it probably would other people. That kind of attitude on a mod team makes people question authority. Just sayin
Back to top Go down
fr3nchfry
Full Moderator + Donator
Full Moderator + Donator

potato Empty
PostSubject: Re: potato   potato EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 4:57 am

I was jk about the potato thing

anyways,

It's my understanding that you guys know each other personally, right?
You are both cool guys, find peace.

fucks sake
Back to top Go down

potato Empty
PostSubject: Re: potato   potato EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 5:32 am

Not really personally. We used to be FB friends, that's about it. I just think it's silly for him to overreact to a joke so much as to say those types of things and then threaten to use his mod powers to enforce something like that. Wouldn't you agree?
Back to top Go down
Denos
Full Moderator
Denos

potato Empty
PostSubject: Re: potato   potato EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 6:20 am

Yes I would hope he wouldn't do something like that
Back to top Go down
[TmX]Sean

[TmX]Sean

potato Empty
PostSubject: Re: potato   potato EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 6:27 am

Joking around or not we have a rule in the server known as "respect everyone" if someone doesn't take something as a joke, you should apologise or refrain from saying it again at the very least. If a player ingame or a member of staff feels offended or doesn't like what someone says, then they're well within there rights to enforce the rules, we have a procedure to follow in these cases.

TmX is a very gay friendly server, we all fuck around and joke about things, especially me lol, There's been times where I've offended someone with something that I've said without even realising it, I've apologised afterwards and refrained from saying it again.

Not everyone is going to have the same sense of humour, or the same personality type, so sometimes we do have to take a step back and just think about what we're saying sometimes.

In regards to one of the moderators threatening to kick/ban you, I'm aware of this and I've taken action in regards to this internally. Suffice is to say that I've reminded the moderator of the correct procedure, regarding complaints/infringements to the rules.

Due to the nature of this topic and for privacy reasons I've removed the screenshot that you've linked HaTe.

I would very much appreciate it, if the both of you sorted this out in private, if that's not possible then talk to me privately or just ignore each other completely.

Thank you,

TmX Administration
Back to top Go down

potato Empty
PostSubject: Re: potato   potato EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 8:11 pm

So if I called him gay again, he was well within the rights of the server to kick me, under the section of "respect?" That's funny. I would think that 99% of the things he said to me afterwards were breaking that "respect" rule as well, no?

Why is calling someone gay an insult? For one, it's a joke. The only reason he actually got mad was because apparently you thought I was serious, and then were saying he was gay after it. That's not my problem. I'm well within my rights to joke around. A mod needs to be tolerant of this kind of thing, especially if he normally gets offended so easily by it. It's almost like he was homophobic, and found it to be so insulting that he felt the need to call me a "cunt," tell me he "would kick the shit out of me irl," that I'm a "pussy," "fucking pathetic," "a piece of shit," and that he "probably is my daddy because he gets more vagina than me in a week than I get in my lifetime." That last part was particularly amusing, since he's actually younger than me too.

Then to add to it, he threatens to kick me from the server if I say it one more time. Bubbles ends up saying it as a joke, so he just ragequits the game. It's not an insult to call someone gay, it's a joke. If he feels the need to take it so seriously and overreact so much, that is not my problem. I won't call him gay anymore unless he feels the need to try and push my buttons and start something again, in which case I will gladly do it. I'm not being racist, I'm not using inappropriate language, and I'm not breaking any rule. You can say it's "disrespectful" all you want, but that's in the eye of the beholder. A mod can end up hating the word "you" and find it disrespectful. Would it be a player's fault to say that word, and then be punished for it? No. That's why moderators need to be tolerant and professional - in order to set an example for the server/community. He's setting a pretty bad example.
Back to top Go down
ThatOneGuy
Half Moderator
ThatOneGuy

potato Empty
PostSubject: Re: potato   potato EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 12:31 am

HaTe wrote:
So if I called him gay again, he was well within the rights of the server to kick me, under the section of "respect?" That's funny. I would think that 99% of the things he said to me afterwards were breaking that "respect" rule as well, no?

Why is calling someone gay an insult? For one, it's a joke. The only reason he actually got mad was because apparently you thought I was serious, and then were saying he was gay after it. That's not my problem. I'm well within my rights to joke around. A mod needs to be tolerant of this kind of thing, especially if he normally gets offended so easily by it. It's almost like he was homophobic, and found it to be so insulting that he felt the need to call me a "cunt," tell me he "would kick the shit out of me irl," that I'm a "pussy," "fucking pathetic," "a piece of shit," and that he "probably is my daddy because he gets more vagina than me in a week than I get in my lifetime." That last part was particularly amusing, since he's actually younger than me too.

Then to add to it, he threatens to kick me from the server if I say it one more time. Bubbles ends up saying it as a joke, so he just ragequits the game. It's not an insult to call someone gay, it's a joke. If he feels the need to take it so seriously and overreact so much, that is not my problem. I won't call him gay anymore unless he feels the need to try and push my buttons and start something again, in which case I will gladly do it. I'm not being racist, I'm not using inappropriate language, and I'm not breaking any rule. You can say it's "disrespectful" all you want, but that's in the eye of the beholder. A mod can end up hating the word "you" and find it disrespectful. Would it be a player's fault to say that word, and then be punished for it? No. That's why moderators need to be tolerant and professional - in order to set an example for the server/community. He's setting a pretty bad example.

First off. I PM'd you this because it was private. So thank you for making this public. If you needed to talk to a "higher up" you should have just messaged, Sean or Relax. I would have gladly admitted my faults. Clearly you crave drama judging by this juncture.

"why is calling someone gay an insult?"

You and your friends are the only ones who think it's funny. You didn't just call me gay, you told others i was literally "homosexual". It would be different if you called me gay in a joking context, but when you start rumors they spread. Renegade has only a few players left on it. The word spreads fast. So why am i angry? One because i hate when the word "gay" gets used out of context. Two your diarrhea mouth got a little too contagious for my liking.

You are right, you can joke around. Hell i joke around with you. But there is a fine line when you need to know when to STOP... You carried on with this "joke" and only you think is hilarious.

Yeah i know i am a mod and i am suppose to enforce the rules and abide by them. But we both know i could have, muted or kicked you. But i didn't. Because i am not a dick head moderator. You claim to be a jokester yet your creating a paradox upon yourself. You got offended by my "threat" to kick you when in fact i was joking about that ahaha. So thus my point is prime and a joke through text can be misleading any many different conditions. I wouldn't have got offended if i was there when you first created the joke. It was aggravating finding out the way i did.

Also, i'd appreciate if you didn't paraphrase the words i called you in the PM. They were perfectly justifiable with the sentences backing up the words.

And to the MOD community. I know what i did was wrong, and while i was doing it i knew it was wrong. If i could reverse time, i'd still say and do the same things. But aside from this event, i am normally a pretty decent guy and keep the rules in tact. I will respect whatever my consequences are. But you have to know that "mods" are also human beings. Sometimes lines are crossed when they shouldn't be.

Back to top Go down
ThatOneGuy
Half Moderator
ThatOneGuy

potato Empty
PostSubject: Re: potato   potato EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 12:33 am

TmXSean wrote:
Joking around or not we have a rule in the server known as "respect everyone" if someone doesn't take something as a joke, you should apologise or refrain from saying it again at the very least. If a player ingame or a member of staff feels offended or doesn't like what someone says, then they're well within there rights to enforce the rules, we have a procedure to follow in these cases.

TmX is a very gay friendly server, we all fuck around and joke about things, especially me lol, There's been times where I've offended someone with something that I've said without even realising it, I've apologised afterwards and refrained from saying it again.

Not everyone is going to have the same sense of humour, or the same personality type, so sometimes we do have to take a step back and just think about what we're saying sometimes.

In regards to one of the moderators threatening to kick/ban you, I'm aware of this and I've taken action in regards to this internally. Suffice is to say that I've reminded the moderator of the correct procedure, regarding complaints/infringements to the rules.

Due to the nature of this topic and for privacy reasons I've removed the screenshot that you've linked HaTe.

I would very much appreciate it, if the both of you sorted this out in private, if that's not possible then talk to me privately or just ignore each other completely.

Thank you,

TmX Administration

I tried to sort this out in private. He's the one who made it public.
Back to top Go down

potato Empty
PostSubject: Re: potato   potato EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 3:28 am

Firstly, you originally created a post and it was deleted. I'd rather you put it in public. That's not trying to solve shit - that's trying to start shit. If you're going to try and start something with me, do it in public where everyone can see. I don't crave drama at all - I just know how things work here. I've been in the system and I understand that unless made public, things are shrugged off and ignored all the time. Say it's untrue all you want, but that's the truth here.

Oh, and yes I did just call you gay. I didn't tell anyone at all you were gay. I said it to you over all chat in the server as a joke. Not my fault if you can't take a joke. It's not a rumor, it's a fucking joke. If someone took it seriously then that's actually even funnier, and you should see that too. I also wasn't using it out of context at all. I know very well the definition of it - and it works perfectly with the joke. My "diarrhea mouth got a little too contagious for you?" I think someone has some growing up to do.

The only part that's "hilarious" is how much you overreact to it. You make the joke worth telling by doing so.

Yeah, you could have muted or kicked me - you do have that power. Doing so would have been not being a good moderator though, as it is an unwarranted mute or kick. If you had kicked me, then it would have been an administrator's duty to punish you and remove the kick from me. That'd be just dumb for you to do. I didn't get offended at all by your threat. I found it funny (as did everyone else in game) that you were threatening to kick me over something like that.

You were there when i created the joke. I've never said you were gay when you weren't there. I'm not trying to fucking convince people you're actually gay lmao. All I'm doing is making a sarcastic joke that you obviously cannot handle.

Just so people know that I'm not paraphrasing and he doesn't actually know the meaning of that word:
"First off, fuck you, cunt! You are a piece of shit who i would beat the fuck out of.

Second, i get more vagina in a week than you have in your entire life mkay? Shit i am probably your daddy."
"Fucking pathetic dude. I don't even wanna talk to your childish ass anymore."
annnd topic title: "fuck u pussy"

No need to get so offended over something so small. "IT FEEDZ TEH TROLLS."

lets all take a moment and sing a Christmas Carol.
This one's for you, Danny:
Deck the halls with boughs of holly,
Fa la la la la, la la la la.
Tis the season to be jolly,

Don we now our gay apparel,
Fa la la, la la la, la la la.
Troll the ancient Yule tide carol,
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBoy
Full Moderator + Donator
Full Moderator + Donator

potato Empty
PostSubject: Re: potato   potato EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 12:24 pm

Did this entire discussion begin because someone called someone else gay? This entire thread is pathetic ....

If people cant take insults they should not be on the fucking internet. You all need to grow up!

stop 
Back to top Go down
Menorya
Administrator
Menorya

potato Empty
PostSubject: Re: potato   potato EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 12:30 pm

Kindergarten
Back to top Go down
[-HOH-]Mikey
Donator
[-HOH-]Mikey

potato Empty
PostSubject: Re: potato   potato EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Good joke guys, this is clearly a troll topic. Get a grip
Back to top Go down

potato Empty
PostSubject: Re: potato   potato EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 5:21 pm

MonkeyBoy wrote:
Did this entire discussion begin because someone called someone else gay? This entire thread is pathetic ....

If people cant take insults they should not be on the fucking internet. You all need to grow up!

stop 
Thank you. Exactly my point.

Like I said, the purpose of the topic was to let you guys (the rest of the mod team) be aware of the behavior of someone on your mod team, and that i was being mistreated by him. I'm not looking to troll or start drama. Simply publicly informing.
Back to top Go down
[TmX]Sean

[TmX]Sean

potato Empty
PostSubject: Re: potato   potato EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 5:30 pm

HaTe wrote:
MonkeyBoy wrote:

stop 
Thank you. Exactly my point.

Like I said, the purpose of the topic was to let you guys (the rest of the mod team) be aware of the behavior of someone on your mod team, and that i was being mistreated by him. I'm not looking to troll or start drama. Simply publicly informing.

In my eyes this wasn't really needed though.

This could've been resolved quite easily by pming me, before you had even "reported" the moderator in question, he had already informed me of what he was thinking at the time and as I said previously I had already dealt with this.

I was the one that removed the other topic, because I thought it would be best for this to be settled privately...it seems there was no point. I was going to remove this one as well...but thought it's probably best for both of you to get your feelings out so you both know where you both stand.

I see 2 points here.

Point 1: HaTe is concerned of the behaviour of a moderator - already been dealt with.
Point 2: Moderator in question has been offended by something you have said - don't say it anymore = resolved?

The rules are very flexible as you know HaTe, if someone was upsetting you for instance with a certain word, wouldn't you want them to stop and inform a moderator/try to take action? As this involved the moderator personally he felt it was best to get a second opinion on what action to take. As I have said here if someone feels threatened/upset about anything that someone says, regardless of it is a joke or not, then it would indeed fall under the rule of "respect everyone" or respecting that persons wishes in this case.

TLDR: HaTe behave
Moderator in question: Behave

If there's anything further that you want to add then pm me, or talk to eachother via irc...this has went on long enough now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

potato Empty
PostSubject: Re: potato   potato Empty

Back to top Go down

potato
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: GENERAL :: Discussions-
Jump to: