Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

New Civ Game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
[TmX]Terekhov

[TmX]Terekhov

New Civ Game Empty
PostSubject: New Civ Game   New Civ Game EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 10:42 am

Back to top Go down
[TmX]suchconquer

[TmX]suchconquer

New Civ Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Civ Game   New Civ Game EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 5:49 pm

THERE IS A GOD! \o/

I'm an addict of Alpha Centauri. I really wish there would be a series based around it's lore. There is enough of it to fill *at least* 5 seasons of 40 ep's each.

This will do in the mean time. Shame that EA holds the rights.
Back to top Go down
[TmX]mac|1*tC

[TmX]mac|1*tC

New Civ Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Civ Game   New Civ Game EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 8:24 pm

"While Beyond Earth will literally strike out for new territory for Civilization, it should still be familiar to series fans."

Wtf, this is NOT new territory, how could they not even mention Alpha Centauri in this article?! No mention at all! One of their best games they never made a modern sequel to and this is apparently ("literally") new territory just cause it's space and a new planet? Been there done that! I am excited for this don't get me wrong but I wish it would have the lore from alpha Centauri, and for them to atleast acknowledge or reference it.
Back to top Go down
[TmX]suchconquer

[TmX]suchconquer

New Civ Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Civ Game   New Civ Game EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 12:00 am

mac|1*tC wrote:
"While Beyond Earth will literally strike out for new territory for Civilization, it should still be familiar to series fans."

Wtf, this is NOT new territory, how could they not even mention Alpha Centauri in this article?! No mention at all! One of their best games they never made a modern sequel to and this is apparently ("literally") new territory just cause it's space and a new planet? Been there done that! I am excited for this don't get me wrong but I wish it would have the lore from alpha Centauri, and for them to atleast acknowledge or reference it.

Hence why I wrote:

Quote :
Shame that EA holds the rights.

Gameplay wise, there will be no doubt Alpha Centauri's mechanics will be fully implented. It will be *the* successor to Alpha Centauri, minus the lore.

It's frustrating a lot of reviewers are somehow forgetting Alpha Centauri even *existed*. If I recall correctly, though, Alpha Centauri was back in the day heavily criticized for breaking the Civilization continuum. Compare it to the Anno series with Anno 2070. Lot's of older fans could not get into the game because: 1 - Game mechanics changed; 2 - It was based in the future. That could explain it.
Back to top Go down
[TmX]Terekhov

[TmX]Terekhov

New Civ Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Civ Game   New Civ Game EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 12:44 am

Hmm the first review I read mentioned Alpha Centauri constantly...guess this was a different one haha. I'll have to check that game out. Trufax @ EA holding rights though. To anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Civ Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Civ Game   New Civ Game Empty

Back to top Go down

New Civ Game
Page 1 of 1