Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Kicsi server needs a fix

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ivan275

Kicsi server needs a fix Empty
PostSubject: Kicsi server needs a fix   Kicsi server needs a fix EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 7:04 am

You guys need to add a check to the input of "bridge" command. Im guessing the same goes for ramp, downramp and probably any command that you expect a numerical input. Check that its actually a number, and with in a value you expect and is not too big. I think I crashed the server with "bridge -1" or "bridge 10000" command.

Sorry :-(
Back to top Go down
KicsiSajt
Administrator
KicsiSajt

PostSubject: Re: Kicsi server needs a fix   Kicsi server needs a fix EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 3:55 pm

I lost the source code of server, so i cant modify anything in it affraid

Ivan275 wrote:
You guys need to add a check to the input of "bridge" command. Im guessing the same goes for ramp, downramp and probably any command that you expect a numerical input.  Check that its actually a number, and with in a value you expect and is not too big. I think I crashed the server with "bridge -1" or "bridge 10000" command.

Sorry :-(
Back to top Go down
Ivan275

PostSubject: Re: Kicsi server needs a fix   Kicsi server needs a fix EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 8:35 pm

That sux, over the years I too lost renegade scripts files and maps I modded. I can only modify and add to existing scripts source but you might be able to make a new scripts.dll rename your current one to say scripts0 and have the new script file do the checks and pass the rest to scripts0 and scripts2. Kind of like what was done when coders made scripts.dll and renamed the original scripts2 having the new scripts do stuff and pass the rest to the original dll. If you are able to do this, you would also be able to add new commands to this...
Back to top Go down
KicsiSajt
Administrator
KicsiSajt

PostSubject: Re: Kicsi server needs a fix   Kicsi server needs a fix EmptySun Apr 05, 2020 9:46 pm

Most of codes comes from DeadSix6, i just edited some in it before, i dont do any coding thing in last 6 year, i forgot too much @ its 3.4 ssgm, like old one.

Ivan275 wrote:
That sux, over the years I too lost renegade scripts files and maps I modded. I can only modify and add to existing scripts source but you might be able to make a new scripts.dll rename your current one to say scripts0 and have the new script file do the checks and pass the rest to scripts0 and scripts2. Kind of like what was done when coders made scripts.dll and renamed the original scripts2 having the new scripts do stuff and pass the rest to the original dll. If you are able to do this, you would also be able to add new commands to this...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kicsi server needs a fix   Kicsi server needs a fix Empty

Back to top Go down

Kicsi server needs a fix
Page 1 of 1