Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Welcome to our forums! Please login or register to get access to all our forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Classic C&C game servers shutting down

Go down 
+12
Zuko
[TmX] NP212
jks101
hesh94
Blacky
StJohnGumby
DCG909
[-HOH-]Mikey
[TmX]suchconquer
RokumanZA
[TmX]Sean
MonkeyBoy
16 posters
AuthorMessage
MonkeyBoy
Full Moderator + Donator
Full Moderator + Donator

Classic C&C game servers shutting down Empty
PostSubject: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyMon May 26, 2014 3:05 pm

It has come to my attention that EA have decided to close servers down for some other C&C titles . A lot of people here ( myself included) have these games, i just wanted to tell you that you have until June 30th 2014 to enjoy the following titles online before they are shut down forever:

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars for PC and Mac (including Kane's Wrath expansion)
Command & Conquer: Generals for PC and Mac (including Zero Hour expansion)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 for PC and Mac

Source : http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBoy
Full Moderator + Donator
Full Moderator + Donator

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyMon May 26, 2014 3:07 pm

If anyone here has kanes wrath, please comment here saying you do, if we have enough then id like to have a mini tourny between us lot before we lose the chance to do it forever
Back to top Go down
[TmX]Sean

[TmX]Sean

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyMon May 26, 2014 3:58 pm

Old news. Wink
Back to top Go down
RokumanZA

RokumanZA

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyMon May 26, 2014 4:07 pm

I have it (but I wasn't that good  Wink )
Back to top Go down
[TmX]suchconquer

[TmX]suchconquer

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyMon May 26, 2014 4:39 pm

MonkeyBoy wrote:
If anyone here has kanes wrath, please comment here saying you do, if we have enough then id like to have a mini tourny between us lot before we lose the chance to do it forever

I have it. Rarely played online with it, though.

I much prefer vanilla C&C3 with the Tiberium Essence mod. But looks like that master-server will go down the drain too.  Crying or Very sad 

Why, EA. Why?
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBoy
Full Moderator + Donator
Full Moderator + Donator

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyMon May 26, 2014 4:51 pm

i have the original and essence mod :D its a great mod, especially with the mammoth mk2 :D that thing is op lol
Back to top Go down
[-HOH-]Mikey
Donator
[-HOH-]Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyMon May 26, 2014 7:13 pm

Haven't played it online for a while now but generals I will miss the most, a game beyond it's years at it's release.
Back to top Go down
DCG909

DCG909

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyMon May 26, 2014 9:15 pm

Can't some people reverse engineer the server?
I know they are trying that with the Wii and DS (40 working titles I believe atm)
Back to top Go down
StJohnGumby

StJohnGumby

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyMon May 26, 2014 10:06 pm

If only you could reverse engineer EA so that it spawned Westwood.

:( 

Gumby
Back to top Go down
[-HOH-]Mikey
Donator
[-HOH-]Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyMon May 26, 2014 11:53 pm

DCG909 wrote:
I know they are trying that with the Wii and DS (40 working titles I believe atm)

Unless EA leak some things then I doubt anyone will make such an effort to do so unfortunately
Back to top Go down
Blacky
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyTue May 27, 2014 12:12 am

DCG909 wrote:

They dont need to reverse engineer anything someone just needs to host a master server that broadcasts the server listing like gamespy.
Back to top Go down
hesh94
Half Moderator
hesh94

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyTue May 27, 2014 2:03 am

Oh no

I have Red Alert 3 and Generals too

I will not be able to play them oneline again :(
Back to top Go down
jks101
Half Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyTue May 27, 2014 4:04 am

Damn, that sucks...

I have Tiberium Wars and KW, hit me up on IRC if you want to play.
Back to top Go down
[TmX] NP212

[TmX] NP212

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyTue May 27, 2014 7:32 am

I have both myself.
Back to top Go down
Zuko

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 4:52 pm

i heard it was fake they won't shut it down.
Back to top Go down
acernine

PostSubject: Nope   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 6:57 am

Woah there, these games will still be up for a very long time. My friends and I use a program (note: This is not advertising as I am not giving the link) called Game Ranger which is free and allows you to play many old games that had their servers shut down. Every game you mention including other game like C&C Red Alert 2 are available. Awesome right?
Back to top Go down
[TmX]Sean

[TmX]Sean

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 7:47 am

@Zuko it's not fake unfortunately.

acernine, what benefits does it have over Hamachi? A lot of us just use that. I've never heard of it.
Back to top Go down
[TmX]Terekhov

[TmX]Terekhov

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 7:53 am

I have both, and tbh Hamachi is just easier. I think GameRanger has some sort of ladder though. (Confirmation?)
Back to top Go down
[TmX] NP212

[TmX] NP212

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 11:18 am

Playing with it, no, it's another way to play a game because there is that host option. I'm just wondering if it relies on Gamespy server but though I seen different lobbies than what we're there.
Back to top Go down
RokumanZA

RokumanZA

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 5:17 pm

[TmX] NP212 wrote:
Playing with it, no, it's another way to play a game because there is that host option. I'm just wondering if it relies on Gamespy server but though I seen different lobbies than what we're there.

Gameranger has no reliance on gamespy's server, its a valid option if Hamachi is failing but Hamachi is a lot nicer imo
Back to top Go down
[TmX] NP212

[TmX] NP212

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 4:39 am

Maybe we could also look into Teamviewer too. I notice it does have a VPN adapter too. But the thing is, this all only works for Generals, other games don't allow you to change your Network IP Address. Looking at Gameranger, it's good, was able to play a game of Red Alert 3.
Back to top Go down
acernine

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 4:47 am

Never heard of Hamachi but here's a description of Game Ranger off their site:

GameRanger is a free download for Mac and PC that lets you play over 600 games and demos online with friends and opponents worldwide. GameRanger offers features like profiles, friends lists, instant messaging, in-game voice communication, and competitive ladders/rankings/ratings.

but if you guys have Hamachi, my service is not needed here!
Back to top Go down
Skeeze
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 12:50 am

Use tunngle, it's the best imo
Back to top Go down
[TmX]Sean

[TmX]Sean

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 2:22 am

Skeeze wrote:
Use tunngle, it's the best imo

I've heard of that before, which in my eyes solidifies its reputation, more so than "Game Ranger" at least, which I've never heard of.

So immediately I would choose Hamachi (which I've used in the past for a variety of games) or tunngle. But i have no idea how tuungle works, or "Game Ranger" either for that matter lol.

Last edited by [TmX]Sean on Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[TmX] NP212

[TmX] NP212

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 4:45 am

Just like Hamachi, maybe even better too.
Back to top Go down
[TmX] NP212

[TmX] NP212

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 11:15 am

Hosting Alternatives -- According to Gamer Replays
Back to top Go down
[TmX]Terekhov

[TmX]Terekhov

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 5:07 pm

They would be the ones to know. I actually downloaded Evolve a couple days ago, would be willing to give it a shot if someone wants to try.
Back to top Go down
[TmX] NP212

[TmX] NP212

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 2:07 am

Me too, we can try it out when we both get online again trolol
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBoy
Full Moderator + Donator
Full Moderator + Donator

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 9:55 am

I have all C&C games, id be willing to play with some of you guys :) not sure if i have generals installed but it wont take long im sure
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBoy
Full Moderator + Donator
Full Moderator + Donator

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 9:55 am

I have all C&C games, id be willing to play with some of you guys :) not sure if i have generals installed but it wont take long im sure
Back to top Go down
[Henrietta]

[Henrietta]

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 9:14 pm

I am up for any of the classic C&C games such as Tiberian Dawn / Sun, Red Alert 1.... etc, even Emperor : Battle for Dune, there is a active online server called cncnet (http://cncnet.org/) that allows you to play those classics online.

For Tiberian Dawn / Sun / Red Alert 1, there is also a stand-alone game client called Dawn of the Tiberium Age (http://dta.ppmsite.com/), which uses Tiberian Sun's game engine for total conversion of TD / Sun / RA 1, and it supports cncnet online matching service.

You can also download the original game clients with cncnet support from the cncnet website, in the download section, should you prefer the original game feel instead of the total conversion. (http://cncnet.org/download)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic C&C game servers shutting down   Classic C&C game servers shutting down Empty

Back to top Go down

Classic C&C game servers shutting down
Page 1 of 1